- When we expand single brackets. Each term in the brackets is multiplied by the term infront.
- When we expand quadratics each term in the first brackets is multiplied by each term in the second.
1 of 3
- When factorising single brackets remember to look for the lowest number that goes into each bracket.
- When factorising Quadratics remember to find a number that multiplies to get the single number and adds to get the x co-efficient.
2 of 3
Factorising when the subject of x is not 1
- 1- Multiply the coefficient of x with the constant term
- 2 by 12 = 24
- 2- List the factors of this number
- 3-Find the pair of numbers that add to the middle term
- 4- Rewrite the quadratic expression using these pairs of numbers
- 5- Factorise each pair of terms
- 6- Factorise again
3 of 3