- Created by: Bryony Howell
- Created on: 20-04-13 09:46
Alcohols are CARBON- BASED molecules that contain the functional group- OH.
Methanol, Ethanol and Propanol are the first 3 members of the homologous series of alcohols.
- dissolved in water to form neutral solutions
- react with sodium to produce hydrogen
- burn in the air
- are used as fuels and solvents
ALCOHOLIC DRINKS CONTAIN ETHANOL. Ethanol can be oxidised to ethanoic acid either by oxidising agents or by microbial action.
Ethanoic acid si the main acid in vinegar.