Agrarian reform condensed
- June 1950 pro land reform act passed. Moderate as it allowed richer peasants to flourish, only attacking large landlords and those who exploit.
- villagers did "struggle meetings" were rich landlords and village bullies were denounced and sometimes executed.
- No laws in place to prevent this - led to village anarchy
- Death toll almost 1 million
- 40% of land redistributed
- Gained peasant support
- Ruling elite out of the picture
- Lessened inequality within village, but was no 100% egalitarian
- Created tension between richer and poorer peasants.
1 of 1