- Distribution point for electrical power
- ***** of metal or heavy duty cable depending on type of load
- On AC busbar, connection in parallel, isolation of individual equip DECREASES its consumption.
Hot/Direct Bus, Wires, Cables
Directly connected to battery
Vital aspects like emergency floor lighting
Single solid rod or filament of drawn metal enclosed in suitable insulating material & protective covering
Group of single solid wires stranded together for flexibility + protective covering
Fuses & Circuit Breakers
- Not resettable - must be replaced
- Rating expressed in Amperes
- Can be reset manually after fault rectified
- Thermal circuit breakers protect from overheating/overload
- Can be used in both AC and DC circuits
- Trip free circuit breakers will not allow contacts to be held closed while current fault still exists.
- Measured in Farads
- Stores electricity
- Acts like short term battery in a DC circuit
- Capacitor in parallel with breaker points induces very high voltage across secondary windings
- When the supply freq in circuit with capacitor increased, current in this circuit will increase.
- 1/Ctotal = 1/C1 + 1/C2 + 1/C3 + ...
- Ctotal = C1 + C2 + C3 +...
Capacitive Load: Current Leads Voltage
Inductive Load: Current Lags Voltage
Transforms AC voltage to higher or lower value
In transformer, power input = power output.
Voltage across each coil propertional to number of turns.
Inverters & Switches
Inverter: DC to AC
Switches: control operating sequences of circuits
Relay switch: Electromagnetically operated switch