Adapt or Die
- To survive, organisms take materials from their surroundings and other living organisms
- Animals compete for food, territory and a mate. Only those well adapted to their environment are likely to surviv.
- Plants compete with one another for light. Leaves are arranged to maximise the sunlight reaching them. Their root systems are large to maximise water nutrient intake.
- Sharps thorns protect plants from grazing animals.
- Plants and animal poisons and warning colours deter predtors.
- To avoid being eaten, animals (includinginsects) are camoflaged or mimic more aggressive creatures.
1 of 1