The Hedonic Calculus.
1. Intensity - how intense will the pleasure caused be?
2. Duration - how long will the pleasure caused last for?
3. Certainity - how certain are we that the action will cause pleasure/happiness for the majority of people and not pain/suffering?
4. Propinquity - (also known as remoteness) - how far away is it in time and space?
5. Fecundity - will it be followed by sensations of a similar kind? i.e. pleasure.
6. Purity - will it be followed by sensations of an opposite kind? i.e. pain after pleasure.
7. Extent - how many people will be affected?