- Created by: Grace Thoroughgood
- Created on: 09-11-13 11:40
Carrying out a titration
- Put Burette in clamp
- Add the acid/alkali you wish to neutralize your acid/alkali with into the burette. Make a note of the volume CP- never fill above your head, when the tap is horizontal it is closed, put funnel on top, fill up to a cm from top of burette, use a drop in pipette to fill it up.
- Add the acid/alkali you wish to neutralize in a conical flask/beaker and then weigh it, add universal indicator.
- Place the beaker under the burette carefully
- Slowly open the tap and filter the acid/alkali into the acid/alkali in the beaker until it changes colour
- Read off the burette and make a note of volume.
- Calculate Titre (volume used to neutralize the solution
1 of 4
- Weigh the solid and add to a beaker
- Dissolve the solid in a solvent
- Transfer into volumetric flask
- Rinse out the beaker with the solvent
- transfer this into the volumetric flask
- Fill the volumetric flask to the graduation point with the solvent
- Invert the flask to ensue the solid isn't at the bottom of the flask
2 of 4
Titration table: Make sure to include units, Two decimal places
3 of 4
4 of 4