Absorption of glucose
- absorbed from the gut by coupled active transport.
- the active transport protien is the sodium - pottasium ATPase.
- the facilliated diffusion protien is the sodium - glucose co transporter portien.
- the sodium ions are pumped out to restore the sodium gradient.
- theres a high concentration of glucose inside the e.c
- glucose enters the blood by diffusing through gaps between the capillary e.c.
- glucose is carried in the blood to every cell, where it is used for respiration.
- digested into glucose and galactose.
- symptoms are flatulance and diarrhoea.
- happens because they dont have the lactase enzyme so cant digest lactose.
- pressence of lactose lowers the w.p so water cannot be absorbed by osmosis.
1 of 1