- Created by: El Traveem
- Created on: 31-10-13 15:29
A Midsummer Night's Dream, Act 1 Details
- Hermia stands up for herself and gives Theseus and Egeus a piece of her mind
- Normally in Shakespearean days, women always did what their parents or husbands told them to do. What hapenes here is abnormal to traditional happenings in that era
- Theseus gives Hermia another choice to chose from along with Egeus' options
- Theseus giving Hermia another choice is proving that Theseus is a good ruler and more humane than Egeus
- When Hermia is talking to Helena, Hermia hints that Demetrius loved Helena before he saw Hermia.
- Quince is the one who plans out the play at first, then Bottom slowly becomes in charge and the leader, by telling what the rest of the mechanicals should do.
1 of 1