- Created by: san01
- Created on: 15-10-19 13:57
definition of simple squamos?
- Single layer of flat cells packed together.
functions of simple squamos?
- Play a role in osmosis, diffusion, and filtraion.
examples of simple squamos?
alveoli in lungs, capilarries, kidneys
definition of simple cuboidal?
- one layer thick, cells are shaped like cubes.
- found in organs specialised for secretion.
examples of simple cuboidal?
- salivary glands, thyroid follicess, kidneys.
definition of simple columnar?
- single layer of long epethilial cells.
-found where absorbtion and secretion is important
examples of simple columnar?
- digestive tract
definition of stratified cuboidal?
- has several layers
- main fucntion is abosrbtion, secretion and exrection
examples of stratified cuboidal?
- salivary glands
- sweat glands
definition of stratified squamos?
- cells are flattened, tight together and stacked for protection
examples of stratified squamos?
-respiratory, digestive, reproductive systems
definition of stratified columnar?
responsible for protection and mucos secretion
examples of stratified columnar?
- inside eyelids
which epithelial structures have one layer?
simple squamos, simple cuboidal, simple columnar
which epithelial tissues have more layers?
stratified squamos, stratified cuboidal. stratified columnar.
what is the function of epithelial cells?
They are thin tissues that cover all exposed surfaces of the body for protection. With selective absorbtion.For example skin which absorbs vitamin d