Functions and structure
- Carries blood away from the heart to the body.
- Relatively small lumen to withstand high pressure
- Endothelium so it can fold and unfold
- Smooth muscle to relax and constrict the lumen
- Fibrous Collagen
- For strength
- Elastic fibers
- So it can stretch and recoil
Function: Helps blood return to the heart
Structure: Lumen is large and floppy to allow easy flow of blood.
The rest is the same as above.
Function: Exchange of gases
One thin layer of endothelium only to allow rapid gas exchanges.