- Bioconcave in shape so a larger surface area for gas exchange.
- No nucleus so more haemoglobin in blood
- Some have cillia to waft dirt and dust out the body.
- Others have microvili, many folds at the membrane for larger surface area
- Flagellum to enable movement of sperm
- Lots of mitochondria to give energy to the sperm cell so it can swim alot
- The acrosome has digestive enzymes so it can penetrate the egg cell
- Contains many chloroplasts for maximum absorbtion of sunlight
- Has thin cell walls for rapid co2 intake
Root hair cells:
- Large surface area for maximum absorption of water and minerals.
- Has some mitochondria for active transport
- Thin permeable cell walls for entry of water and ions
- Thin outerwall and thicker inner wall forces the guard cell to bend outwards which opens the stomata
- During light they take up water and become turgid
- Has sieve plates so sap can move easily.
- Transports water around the plant
1 of 1
Similar Biology resources: