Slides in this set
· Commitment Making and keeping a promise, such as wedding
· Chastity Decision not to have sex before marriage, for example,
because it is believed that sex is sacred.
· Conflict Working against each other rather than in unity. Conflict in
marriages can lead to divorce.…read more
· Love To have a deep affection and express it through words and
· Reconciliation Apologise or say sorry, and become friends again.
Many faith communities have reconciliation services.
· Responsibilities Duties you should carry out, such as looking after
family members.…read more
Greek Words for Love
`Love' is a very generic word, but the Greeks had this separated into
four different words...
Agape Eros Physical or
Unconditional and sexual love.
Philia Love of Storge Love of
friends and family. Christians may objects and
believe this should animals.
only be between a
married couple.…read more
Christian Teachings on Love
· "Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is
not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered,
it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but
rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always
hopes, always preserves."
1 Corinthians 13: 4-7
This teaches Christians that unconditional love (agape) is important. It
shows that love what keeps people good.
A Christian may react to this by trying to show love to everyone, and
treating people more equally.…read more