Slides in this set
Key Terms Before Factors of
· Base flow normal level of river fed by
· Lag time time between peak rainfall and
· Peak discharge the maximum point on the
graph for discharge.
· Discharge quantity of water flowing through
a river measured in cumecs.…read more
· Basically, how much water is in the river basin.
Can cause saturated soils resulting in reduced infiltration
and increased surface run-off.
Meaning a reduced lag time and an increased peak
· Vegetation intercepts precipitation
Increasing lag time in winter months when there
are fewer leaves on trees, there is less
interception and a high lag time.
Catalyst for water transportation more
vegetation results in more evapotranspiration.
The more vegetation, the more water is lost so a
lower peak discharge.…read more