Slides in this set
What Causes Urbanisation?
Urbanisation is the increase in the proportion of people
living in towns and cities. Urbanisation is often caused
· Rural-urban migration Movement of people from
the rural countryside to inner cities for mainly
· High Rates of natural population increase People
are having more children, and people who migrate
from rural areas tend to have bigger families.…read more
Push and Pull Factors
· Lack of services · Job opportunities
· Poor transport offering better wages.
· Few job · Quality of housing
opportunities · Access to services
· Land Better healthcare and
· Natural · Transport links
disasters · Better quality of life…read more
Consequences of Urbanisation in
· Overcrowding Often leading to shanty towns
· Poor hygiene due to lack of sanitation and
limited health care.
· Overpopulation area does not have enough
resources to serve all its inhabitants.
· High competition for jobs meaning many are
unemployed, therefore living off very little.…read more