Slides in this set
· `Lennie, who had been watching, imitated George exactly'
· `Aw, Lennie' George put his hand on Lennie's shoulder. ` I ain'
t takin' it away jus' for meanness' Page 27
· `George put down his cards very deliberately. `Lennie,' he said
sharply Page 69
· `Lennie followed his words admiringly' Page 83…read more
· `Someday we're gonna get the jack together and we're gonna have a
little house and a couple of acres an' a cow and some pigs and...' Page
· `An' live off the fatta the lan',' Lennie shouted.' Page 32
· `if I was even a little bit smart, I'd have my own little place, an' I'd be
bringin' in my own crops' Page 65
· `Me an' Lennie's gonna roll up a stake' Page 76
· `I could build a smoke house like the one gran'pa had' Page 84
· `An' we'd keep a few pigeons to go flyin' around the win'mill like they
done when I was a kid.' Page 86
· `George was on guard immediately' Page 86
· "This thing they had never really believed in was coming true."…read more
· `Guys like us, that work on ranches, are the loneliest guys in
the world. They got no family. They don't belong no place'
· `George stacked the scattered cards and began to lay out
his solitaire hand.' Page 66
· `I ain't go no people,' George said. `I seen the guys that go
around on the ranches alone. That ain't no good.' Page 67
· George creates his own loneliness by killing Lennie at the
end of the novel.
· The mental capacity of Lennie means George never really
has anyone to have an intellectual conversation with. This
opportunity doesn't arise until he meets Slim.…read more
· Slim is surprised by their companionship and especially since both George
and Lennie are such different characters "A cuckoo like him and a smart
little guy like you." George backs up the friendship by saying "he ain't no
cuckoo" and that life is better if you "go around with a guy you know."
· Lennie needs George to guide him and almost be his Father, and George
needs Lennie because he feels its his responsibility to look after and whilst
carrying out that responsibility he has grown to him and needs him as that
· Slim tells him about the rarity of their relationship; "Hardly none of the
guys ever travel together. I hardly never seen two guys travel together."
· "Lennie, your gonna be sick like you was last night"
· "Look, George. Look what I done."
· "We gota future. We got somebody to talk to that gives a dam about us"
"Someday, we gonna get the jack together and we're gonna have a little