Slides in this set
WHAT IS TRANSCRIPTION?
· Transcription is the conversion of a base
sequence from DNA into a mRNA molecule
using the law of base pairing.
· Transcription is the first main step in
protein synthesis.…read more
· The mRNA is made using a strand of DNA as
· A cistron is the specific length of DNA which
codes for the mRNA.
· Often, a cistron is equivalent to a gene and
codes for a specific polypeptide.…read more
· The enzyme RNA polymerase moves along
· It forms bonds that join the nucleotides one
by one to the RNA.
· Behind the RNA polymerase the DNA
strands join together again to reform the
double helix.…read more