Slides in this set
WHAT ARE THE DIFFERENT
TYPES OF BONES?
· LONG- these are the bones connected with
large movement. E.G. femur, radius, ulna.
· SHORT- these bones are almost cube shaped
and associated with smaller, more complex
movements. E.G. carpals, tarsals.
· FLAT- these bones protect the internal organs.
E.G. cranium, ribcage.
· IRREGULAR- these bones are irregular in
shape. E.G vertebrae.…read more
EFFECTS OF REGULAR
· What are weight bearing exercises?
· Walking, Basketball, Aerobics
· As a result of taking part in weight bearing exercises your body
will start to adapt to its increased workload.
· INCREASED BONE DENSITY &
· INCREASED STRENGTH OF BONES- (reducing osteoporosis)
· Osteoporosis- disease to the bone, bones become weaker, and
increases the risk of fractures. The reduction of osteoporosis is
a long term benefit.…read more