Other pages in this set
Here's a taster:
The effect of exercise on the body:
glucose + oxygen = carbon dioxide + water (+ energy)
- Muscles are made of protein.
- They need a lot of energy to contract.
- They contain many mitochondria (in which respiration occurs).
- Muscles also contain glycogen stores.
· Glycogen is a carbohydrate that can be quickly converted to
- When resting muscles still need energy.
- When exercising body needs more energy. (as muscles
contract harder and faster).
- Heart rate increases.…read more