Slides in this set
The Cult Of Lenin
· Lenin remained the more important figure with Stalin describing himself as
the pupil and Lenin as the teacher.
· The Lenin cult of the 1930s continued to use the religious language that had
surrounded Lenin since his death.
· Example: Digza Vertov's film Three Songs about Lenin.
· In 1930 Lenin's tomb was rebuilt in Moscow. The streets around the tomb
were widened which allowed massive groups to attend the tomb.
· The Lenin cult was essential to the totalitarian regime. It was important as it
allowed new rituals to be created which replaced Christianity. This allowed
Russian citizens to form an emotional bond with the regime.
· Examples of the Cult of Lenin:
Lenin's Tomb…read more
Examples of the cult of Lenin:
This poster shows that Lenin is still
Lenin lived, considered to be an extremely
Lenin lives, important figure and the fact the
Lenin will live! Stalin is his student it lets Lenin
(caption) live on.
This is Lenin's
deserved to be
This is a poster
which is like a
tribute to Lenin with
pictures of him
from different key
How did Stalin use the Cult of
· Stalin used the cult of Lenin to show the Russian people
that he was carrying on with the what Lenin wanted as
he said that he was the student.
· Also by using Lenin, it protected Stalin from some
criticisms as no-one dared to criticise Lenin which
allowed him to stay in control of the country.…read more