Slides in this set
The Frontiers of America
and sierra Eastern
Nevada -inhabited lowlands- where
by grizzly bears the first
and beavers, very Europeans settled.
wide (1000KM) They were fertile
and high (5k). In with lots of water.
winter the ravines
and crevasses are
covered by Mississippi river-
snowfall wide and slow
The great some woodlands
plains- vast with berries and
with fruits are in the
unpredictable valleys around it.
Inhabited by Appalachian mountains- 1st
buffalo and frontier to cross for settlers moving
coyote. from the west. 2km tall.…read more
The thirteen original states of
· This map shows the 13 states of America, as they were
· 10 years before this they belonged
to Great Britain.
· From 1776-1783 the colonies
fought Britain and became
independent from Britain.
· In the 1790s the Europeans had not explored the rest of
· By 1848 the American government owned all of
present day America.…read more
How was the frontier pushed
· In 1880 the frontier had been pushed forwards to the Mississippi river, then
the Americans stopped because the land west of the river was owned by
Britain, France and Mexico.
· In 1803 America purchased land
owned by France and explored in in
· When war broke out between Mexico
and the US in 1846 Mexico
surrendered the land it owned
· By 1853 America owned all of the land
· They wanted to hold onto the land by having it inhabited by lots of loyal,
good American citizens who were white. However, the American Indians
inhabited the land west of the Mississippi river already.…read more