Slides in this set
· Nucleotides bond together to form a
· Condensation Reaction.
· Occurs between carbon on pentose sugar
and phosphate molecule of another
· Forms a phosphodiester bond.
· One molecule of water is released from
this reaction (=condensation)…read more
· Base pairs include a pyrimidine and a
· There are only two base pairs in DNA as
these are the only combinations which
allow hydrogen bonding between bases.
· Base pairing gives DNA its double helix
by joining two polynucleotide chains
together and causing them to twist into a
helix shape.…read more