Slides in this set
All cells have the following:
· A Cell Membrane. This controls what goes in and out of the cell
· Cytoplasm. This has the thickness of wallpaper paste. It is where
the chemical reactions take place.
· A nucleus. This is the 'brain' of the cell. It contains the genetic
material (DNA) and tells the cell what to do.
· Only plant cells contain:
· A Cell Wall. It support the plant cell and is very strong. It is made
out of a substance called cellulose.
· A Vacuole. This is filled with a liquid called cell sap. It helps the cell
to maintain its shape.
· Chloroplasts. These are green discs that allow the plant to make
food by photosynthesis. They contain a chemical called chlorophyll.
Plant tissues which contain them appear green.…read more