Slides in this set
Mary Ann Warren
Moral Agency -
Using P. 97 what does Mary mean by each of these
qualities and consider the implications when you
apply these to a foetus?
Where does Mary stand do you think on the
argument of abortion?
How does Mary's view compare with Judith
Thomson's view (Remember: Violinist dilemma)…read more
· It's the mother who has to carry the baby for 9 months
therefore it should be her choice.
· Life does not start until the baby could survive outside
· Risk to the mother's health outweighs the baby's.
· Circumstances need to be considered E.g. Rape
victim/very young/on their own/financial situation.
· Adoption is difficult for the mother.
· Dangerous back street abortion clinics could open if it
became illegal again.
· If the child's quality of life is going to be really poor
doesn't seem fair.
· World is already over populated.
· Everyone should be able to make their own choice.…read more