Slides in this set
· Revelations is a term philosophers and theologians use in
reference to knowledge that has been gained through God.
· It is therefore considered by many believers to be superior to
knowledge gained through reason or empirical testing.
There are two types of
· This is the type of knowledge that we would usually consider
to have a `truth value' it is either true or false (or
somewhere in between)
· i.e. Quiz knowledge
· For example, knowing when your birthday is, who wrote
`Great Expectations' (it was Charles Dickens) or the French
word for `please'
"S'il vous plaît"!…read more
· What kind of knowledge does the Bible contain?
· There is more controversy among Christians over whether the
Bible is the direct word of God (propositional revelation) or
whether it is a book that was just `divinely inspired' (non-
· There are three main ways the Bible may be interpreted..…read more