Slides in this set
· Evil absence of good, something that causes pain or suffering
· Conscience an inner voice giving guidance on our behavior & if it's right or wrong
· Free will the belief that god created humans with the ability to make moral
· Moral evil evil and suffering caused by people
· Natural evil suffering caused by inevitable natural events
· Omnipotent all powerful
· Omnibenevolent all loving
· Omniscient all knowing
· Original sin the sin brought into the world from the fall everybody is born with.
· Redemption sins can be forgiven and Jesus died for the sins of everyone
· Sacrifice giving up life of god
· The devil a supernatural evil power
· The fall the disobedience of Adam and Eve, result in the expulsion of Eden
· Theodicies arguments justifying why there is evil in the world and God…read more
· Some people believe there is evil in the world
because of the devil, the enemy of god. Tries
to make humanity turn away from god.
· Lucifer was an angel but jealous, a fight took
place and he was cast out of haven trying to
· Better to rule in hell than be ruled in heaven…read more
· Given to the story in genesis of the first man
and woman. Ate from the tree of knowledge
of good and evil, tempted by a serpent.
· Human beings fell from grace, ashamed of
their body and covered up with clothes.
· This was the original sin.…read more