Slides in this set
Assessing Internal Reliability
· The split-half method the extent to which two
halves of the same procedure provide similar
· Eg. splitting the test into two halves after the data
has been obtained and comparing the results.
· If results are similar the procedure is thought to
· To improve internal reliability individual questions
will be removed and a comparison will be
completed to see if similarity can be increased.…read more
Assessing External Reliability
· The test-retest method the extent to which
a procedure can be easily replicated.
· Eg. presenting the same participants with the
same test on two different occasions and then
comparing the results.
· If the results are similar to procedure is
thought to be reliable.
· To improve reliability the procedure would
need careful revision.…read more