First 274 words of the document:
Psychology Unit 3 Small Questions
1. Identify two methods which have been used to measure crime and give one limitation of each method. (4
2. Briefly discuss one limitation of biological explanations of crime.
1. (i) Briefly outline the process of anger management when used as a therapy for offending. (2 marks)
(ii) Suggest two limitations of anger management as a therapy for offending.
2. Identify two aspects of the `criminal personality' as defined by Eysenck. Explain how each might lead a
person to be involved in offending. (4 marks)
1. Outline what is meant by atavistic form in relation to offending. (2 marks)
2. Outline what is meant by somatotype theory in relation to offending. (2 marks)
3. Briefly discuss how Lombroso's and Sheldon's theories might have influenced modernday views about
offending behaviour. (4 marks)
Farrington (2006) found that criminal behaviour is associated with social and environmental factors such as
poor parenting and low school achievement.
1. Suggest two ways in which learning theory could explain Farrington's findings. (4 marks)
2. Outline and briefly evaluate social skills training as a treatment programme for offending. (4 marks)
1. Outline Eysenck's theory of the criminal personality. (2 marks)
2. Briefly discuss two criticisms of Eysenck's theory of the criminal personality. (4 marks)
One role of a custodial sentence is to deprive an offender of his or her freedom. In this way, at least for the
duration of the sentence, the offender is no longer able to offend and is no longer a threat to the public.
Other pages in this set
Here's a taster:
Briefly outline two other roles that a custodial sentence might serve. (2 marks)
1. Each statement below applies to a different way of measuring crime. For each of these statements, identify
the way of measuring crime that is most appropriate.
A) It fails to account for all those crimes that are unreported or unrecorded.(1 mark)
B) It is a measure of crime that also tells us who is responsible for those crimes.…read more