First 191 words of the document:
Possible C7 Ideas In Context Questions for the 2012 exam: Do Plasticizers Make Boys More
1. How do plasticizers alter the properties of a material? 
2. Why might this new, modified, material serve a better purpose? 
3. Explain the use of the Precautionary Principle in relation to this article. 
4. Why might phthalates be banned in children's toys but not in furniture or packaging? 
5. List three problems with the accuracy of the study carried out on the children 
6. How might one of the problems listed in Q5. Be improved? 
7. Before the theory of the effect of phthalates is published it must undergo peer review.
Describe this process 
8. What further evidence might be needed to add reliability to the study? 
9. What is a polymer? 
10. List one natural polymer and one synthetic polymer not mentioned in the article 
11. Apart from the addition of plasticizers, how else might a material be modified to change its
12. For what use could PVC that has not been plasticized (uPVC) be needed for? 
13. Why might scientists have conflicting views about this theory?