Slides in this set
So what do we need to know?
The spec tells us we should know the following:
1. Chloroplasts; their structure and function.
2. General reaction of photosynthesis.
3. Light-dependent reaction.
4. Photophosphorylation of ADP.
5. Carbon fixation.…read more
· Chloroplasts are large
· Most chloroplasts are
found in the mesophyll
(the cells of leaves.
· The stages of
photosynthesis take place
within the chloroplast,
i. Light dependent within
ii. Light independent (or
Calvin cycle) within the
Structure vs. function
Chloroplast Thylakoids Lots of ATP Stroma
double have large SA. synthase in contains
envelope. · Allows max light thylakoid enzymes,
· Keeps reactants absorption membranes. sugars and
close to their · Hence lots of ATP organic acids.
reactant sites. can be generated. · This allows the
phase to take
place there!…read more
Key word attack
the soft chlorophyll-containing tissue of a leaf
between the upper and lower layers of
epidermis: involved in photosynthesis.
Also called parenchyma tissue.
There are 2 types, spongy and pallisade.…read more