Slides in this set
· 24 students were tested on their recall.
· The items they were tested on were trigrams,
meaningless three-consonant syllables. No two
trigrams shown after one another had the same letter.
· Each participant were shown the trigrams, and then
told to count backwards in threes or fours until a light
flashed and they needed to recall what the trigram
· Different times in between each trigram when they
were counting backwards (3,6,9,12,15, and 18
· Shows that the more time delay · The participants were all students
there was in between hearing and so they are used to being tested
recalling, the last likely to on and are more likely to
remember, so it supports the remember the trigrams.
multi-store model. · There were only 24 students so it
· Was an experiment so all the is a unrepresentative sample.
variables were controlled making Making the study
it easier to replicate (high ungeneralisable.
reliability) · All the variables were controlled
so there is a lack of ecological
validity (low validity)…read more