Slides in this set
Computer Systems are made up of many
different parts, for example hardware,
software, processors, memory etc.
· It is important that you have a basic
understanding of some of the main parts of a
· Hardware is any physical part of the computer
that you can touch, see and pickup.
· Examples of hardware include the monitor,
keyboard, mouse, disk drives, printer, scanner
and speakers.…read more
Software are the applications and programming instructions
needed to make the computer hardware do useful work.
Some examples of systems software which tells the computer
what to do:
· Operating System
· User Interface
Some examples of application software which allow you to do
· Word processors such as Microsoft Word
· Spreadsheets such as Microsoft Excel
· Databases such as Microsoft Access…read more