First 130 words of the document:
Part 1: Core Content: Aspects of International Relations, 19192005
Section A : The InterWar Years, 19191939
Key Question 1: Were the Peace Treaties of 19191923 fair?
The Treaty of StGermainenLaye:
· The Treaty was to affect Austria, who were allies with the Germans in World War one.
· The Treaty was signed on 10th September 1919, in the Château de SaintGermainenLaye (in France).
· Austria was only allowed 30,000 volunteers, but no navy.
· Reparations were set but were never put in place as the country went bankrupt soon after the signing.
· The AustroHungarian empire was destroyed and Austria lost Tyrol to Italy (part of the allies).
· Poland, Czechoslovakia, Yugoslavia and Romania were formed because of the Treaty.
Map of land lost from the treaties of StGermainenLaye and Trianon