First 142 words of the document:
Part 1: Core Content: Aspects of International Relations, 19192005
Section A : The InterWar Years, 19191939
Key Question 1: Were the Peace Treaties of 19191923 fair?
The Treaty of Sèvres:
· The treaty affected Turkey (the Ottoman empire) which was allies with Germany in the first world war.
· The treaty was signed on 10th August 1920 in an exhibition room at the porcelain factory at Sèvres, France.
· The empire was restricted to 50,000 soldiers, seven sailboats and six torpedo boats.
· They did not have to pay an reparations.
· Smyrna and East Thrace were given to Greece and Rhodes was given to Italy.
· Kurdistan, Armenia, Hejaz (Arabia) were formed. Iraq and Palestine became British mandates. Syria became a
· Kemel Attaturk led some turkish nationalists to rebel and reject the treaty.
Plans for the treaty