Slides in this set
· Contains genetic information.
· DNA molecules are long and coiled up tightly
so a lot of genetic information can fit in a
· Has a paired structure which makes it easier
to copy itself (self replication).
· Contains genes which code for specific amino
acid sequences that form proteins.…read more
· DNA is a polynucleotide-made up on lots of
nucleotides joined together.
· Nucleotides are made up of a phosphate
group, a deoxyribose sugar, and a base which
· Four bases are adenine, thymine, cytosine and
guanine. Adenine & guanine are purines,
cytosine and thymine are pyrimidine's.…read more
· Nucleotides join together to form
polynucleotides, they bond between the sugar
and the phosphate group.
· Polynucleotides join together by hydrogen
bonding between the bases. (C-G and A-T).
· Two antiparallel (running in opposite
directions) polynucleotide strands twist to
form the DNA double helix.…read more