Pages in this set
· American linguist, philosopher, cognitive scientist and activist.
· Born December 7, 1928
· Described as "father of modern linguistics".
· Professor in the Department of Linguistics and Philosophy at Massachusetts Institute of
Technology for 50 years.
Nativist theory - 1965
· Believed human babies were…
· Believed behaviour controlled by consequences e.g. p raising
child to encourage to repeat word if said correctly.
· Alternatively negative response from caregiver encourages child to disassociate wrong word.
· Stimulus (object) Response (what child says) Feedback (caregiver's response
pos/neg) Reinforcement (child learns whether to use word or not)…