Slides in this set
Definition of media
· A way to communicate ideas and
messages to a large audience
· The term is also applied to the
· The main forms of media
include; television, newspaper,
radio and films…read more
KEY TERMS Persuasion,
Attitude: A predisposition to be a certain way to an object, person
or situation which involves thinking and feeling in a certain way.
· Persuasion: A deliberate attempt to change someone's view or
· Three Components: these relate to models which see attitudes as
having Feelings, beliefs and behaviours.
· Two Component Models: these view attitudes as a mental readiness
to act associated with evaluations
· Cognitive Misers: the idea that people take shortcuts when
processing information and jump to conclusions when processing
· Need for Cognition: Some people are
more driven to understand an
argument than others, Pat for…read more
Everyday our attitude towards certain
objects and situations is effected and
people or companies try to change it. This
is called persuasion.
· Adverts are the most common way
companies try to change our attitude
towards a product.
· They try to create positive associations with
the product and a need-to-have attitude
· Advertising is not always effective, there
are many reasons for this which are
evaluated using the Hovland-Yale model of…read more