Slides in this set
Chemicals in food
· Foods contain natural and
· It is impossible to tell the
difference between a natural
substance and the same
substance made artificially.
· Both natural and artificial
substances can have health
Uses of Acids and Bases
Acids and bases have many uses:
Citric acid food flavoring
Ethanoic acid vinegar, glue
Hydrochloric acid cleaning, making PVC
Sodium Hydroxide (Caustic Soda) cleaning
Ammonia - fertilisers…read more
· The combination of metal and acid
decides the salt.
· The first name comes from the metal, eg
sodium, iron or copper.
· The second name comes from the acid,
Sulphuric acid Sulphate
Nitric acid Nitrate
Hydrochloric Chloride…read more
· Precipitation reactions make insoluble
· Mix two solutions of soluble salts to make
and insoluble salt.
· Filter the mixture.
· Wash the salt with distilled water.
· Dry it on filter paper.…read more