Slides in this set
· Carried out in a lab with 45 participants, which were split
into 5 groups.
· They watched video footage of car accidents, and then
asked to fill out a questionnaire. This contained a critical
· How fast were the cars going when they _____ each other?
· The different conditions had different verbs: hit, collided,
contacted, bumped and smashed.…read more
· The verb used, actually distorted the
memory of the event. There was response
bias. The results they gained were due to
perception not memory. A second
experiment was carried out because of this.…read more