Pages in this set
· French-speaking Swiss developmental psychologist and philosopher.
· Born 8 August, 1896.
· Died 16 September, 1980.
· Created the International Centre for Genetic Epistemology in Geneva in 1955.
· Described as `the great pioneer of the constructivist theory of knowing'.
· Believed babies…
Comparison to other language theorists
· B.F Skinner - Behaviourism theory
· Believed behaviour controlled by consequences
· Piaget theory sympathetic to Skinner's theory as they both support environmental
· However, Piaget believed children developed language independently in stages when
they were intellectually ready rather than just from social…