Slides in this set
WHAT DO OUR MUSCLES DO?
· Enable us to move our body parts.
· Give us our individual shape.
· Protect and keep in place our abdominal organs.
· Enable us to maintain good posture.
· Help in the circulation of our blood.
· Generate body heat when they contract.
THERE ARE OVER 600 SKELETAL MUSCLES
IN THE BODY- 150 IN THE HEAD AND NECK.…read more
MUSCLE MAIN ACTION(S)
Deltoid Raises your arm sideways at the shoulder
Biceps Bends your arm at the elbow
Abdominals Pull in your abdomen. Flex your trunk so you can bend
Quadriceps Straighten your leg at the knee and keep it straight when
Pectorals Raises your arm at the shoulder. Draws it across your chest
Latissimus dorsi Pulls your arm down at the shoulder. Draws it behind your
Trapezius Holds and rotates your shoulders. Moves your head back and
Triceps Straightens your arm at the elbow
Gluteals Pull your leg back at the hip. Raise it sideways at the hip.
Gluteus maximus is the biggest
Hamstrings Bend your leg at the knee
gastrocnemius Straightens the ankle joint so you can stand on tiptoes…read more