Slides in this set
The mobile phase is the solvent as it moves
through the paper.
· Stationary phase is the paper, as it doesn't
· Mixture of liquids that dissolves in a liquid is a
· The Rf is the retardation factor.
· This shows how well the chemical holds onto the
solvent, a lower Rf means a weaker hold.
· The substances are colourless.…read more
Rf Exactly the same for exactly for
everyone, same solvent, same
environment and same temperature etc
· Thin layer chromatography (TLC)
· Glass, thin layer absorb solvents.
· Like a stationary phase…read more