First 201 words of the document:
- Also known as the "Father of Medicine".
- He wrote some of a collection of medical texts called the
- He is believed to have written the "Hippocratic Oath"
Developed the idea of the 4 humours, he linked the
humours with the seasons and the elements.
- Blood, Spring, Air
- Phlegm, Winter, Water
- Yellow Bile, Summer, Fire
- Black Bile, Autumn, Earth
Imhotep Roman Empire
200 BC 400 AD
Imhotep, he was Pharaoh Zoser's doctor in 2630 BC.
He was made into the god of healing.
Doctors in the Egyptian age were well respected. Galen, improved the theory of the 4 humours, by also
making the theory that the 4 humours could be balanced
His dates of birth and death are unknown. by opposites.
Greek Civilization - Galen had wrote over 100 medical texts
160050 BC - Was doctor to the emperor's son
Developments in Medicine Timeline
3000 BC 2500 BC 2000 BC 1500 BC 1000 BC 500 BC 1 AD 500 AD