Slides in this set
HOW FAR DID THE NAZI PARTY DEVELOP ITS IDEAS
AND ORGANISATION UP TO 1929
· THE Nazi party developed there ideas by promoting
the party and while Hitler was in jail he organised the
part and went into detail on his ideas.
· It also helped that by Hitler going to jail it created a
world wide awareness of the Nazi party and Hitler.
· Also by promoting the Nazi party they gained more
· However when Hitler came out of prison Germany was
in a stable environment thanks to Stresemann which
meant that many people were not looking for an
extremist party to support.…read more
THE NAZI PARTY 1924-29
· After the Munich putsch the Nazi party was banned by the
government and supporters started to drift away, but the ban was
lifted on Hitler's release from prison in the December of 1924.
· They then struggled to attract supporters because it was the
Stresemann years when Germany seemed to be at last recovering
from the war and its effects and the extremist policies did not seem so
attractive in these stable conditions.
· There was a significant decrease in the number of seats the Nazi party
won in May 1924 to later on that year in December. (18 seats were
· Hitler increased his control of the party, Nazi organisations were set
up and public meetings and rallies were held throughout Germany. He
also used these years to reorganise the party, local branches were set
up throughout Germany. These activities brought many new
· But the Nazi party was still a long way off becoming a national party
and luckily for Hitler in 1929 Germany was hit with a severe economic
· During the later 1920s the SA was enlarged in size and the SS, a loyal
group to Hitler personally, was created. Joseph Goebbels was in chare…read more
HOW AND WHY WAS HITLER ABLE TO BECOME
CHANCELLOR IN JANUARY 1933?
· Despite the problems facing Weimar
Germany, through the 1920s the Nazis
actually achieved very little success.
· It was not until the difficult depression years
of the 1930s that the Nazis made a real impact
on Germany.…read more
WHY THE GERMAN ECONOMY COLLAPSED IN 1929-30
· The German economy collapsed in 1929 because Germany
was getting loaded too much money on a short term basis,
this meant that the Germans had to pay the loads or renew
them within a short amount of time.
· Usually the lender was fine with renewing the loans but
this also meant that that if the lenders needed the money
back they could stop renewing the loans so they could
demand the money back.
· This was bad news for Germany as the USA had the Wall
Street Crash, which meant America demanded the money
back from the loans.
· Germany couldn't afford these loans so it meant that the
German economy collapsed, this then lead to mass
unemployment, people living on the streets as they would
have sold their home or they would have been
repossessed. It would also have lead to a lot of deaths from
lack of food and many other things.…read more