Slides in this set
Why have girls improved
· Legal Policy.
· Sex discrimination act 1975 which
made it illegal to discriminate over
gender in education.
· National curriculum which made some
· Changing expectations as girls are now
expected to achieve academically and
have a career.…read more
Why have girls improved?
· Aspirations have changed for girls.
· Sharp 1976 interviewed working class
girls and found they aspired to
motherhood and family. In 1994 she
repeated her research and found they
were more career orientated and took
for granted equal opportunity.…read more
· Structure of the economy has led to a
reduction in manual work traditionally
undertaken by males creating a crisis
· Lack of male role models.
· Feminisation of education.
· Lack of aspirations from boys leads to
anti school subcultures.…read more