Slides in this set
When do presidential
Every four years.
Article two of the constitution.
Death of a president = no special election
Occurs between the 2nd and 8th of November.
4 distinct stages.…read more
Stages of presidential election
1. Primaries and Caucuses
1. Choose delegates to attend Nat Convention.
2. National Party Conventions
1. Decide on party platform.
3. General election campaign
1. Various presidential candidates.
4. Election day/Electoral college
1. Elect president and vice-president.…read more
Requirements for a
35years of age.
Political experience (VP, State gov, Senators).
Major party endorsement.
Ability to raise large sums of money
Oratorical skills and being telegenic.
Sound and relevant policies.…read more
Period between declaring an intention to run to be the presidential
candidate and the first contests of the primary season.
Hope to be `mentioned' as many times as possible.
Opinion polls demonstrate support for a candidate.
Head to head polls.
Iowa straw poll any would be Republican candidate gives a speech at a
Jefferson-Jackson day dinner Speeches by Democrat presidential
Money raising starts to occur in earnest.…read more