Slides in this set
True or False?
· All new cells are produced by mitosis.
· Mitosis produces cells which are identical.
· Sperm cells contain 46 chromosomes.
· The cells of a mosquito contain 46
· Meiosis produces cells with half the normal
· In plants, pollen is produced by meiosis.…read more
Inheritance of Sex
· Human cells contain 23 pairs of chromosomes.
· Pair number 23 are the sex chromosomes.
· There are two types of sex chromosome, an X and
· XX = female
· XY = male
· When the pairs separate in meiosis, all eggs
contain an X chromosome, sperm may contain an
X or a Y chromosome.…read more