Slides in this set
Crude Oil Revision
· What is Crude Oil?
· Definition of hydrocarbons
· Displayed and molecular formulae of simple
· Different properties of hydrocarbons ie size, b.p.,
volatility, viscosity and flammability.
· Fractional distillation
· Combustion of hydrocarbons
· Pollution from burning hydrocarbons
· Cracking of hydrocarbons…read more
Fractional Distillation of Crude Oil
· Crude oil is a mixture of hydrocarbon
molecules having between 1and over 50
· To make it useful as a fuel the molecules
have to be separated into groups of similar
sized molecules called fractions.
· Fractions contain molecules with similar
boiling points.…read more