First 102 words of the document:
Question Sheet on the History of the Periodic Table.
1. What does each group number represent?
2. From left to right each row or period, what is gradually filled?
3. How many elements did Newlands (1864) know the existence of?
4. In what order to he arrange the elements and what pattern did he find?
5. What did Mendeleev realise and what did he do about it?
6. What provided a sounder base for the Period table?
7. Why was Mendeleev's table accepted?
8. Why were Newlands' ideas ignored?
9. What order did Mendeleev put his table in by accident?