Slides in this set
Wednesday, 06 October 2010
1. To identify the differences between
Monosaccharide's and Disaccharides
2. To explain where each carbohydrate is found
and there importance.…read more
Classes of Carbohydrates
contain a single polyhydroxy
aldehyde or ketone unit (saccharo is Greek for"sugar") (e.g., glucose, fructose).
consist of two monosaccharide units linked together by a covalent bond (e.
contain from 3 to 10monosaccharide units (e.g., raffinose).…read more
Answer the following questions
1. Why does foods monosaccharide's cause fluctuations in blood sugar
levels compared to disaccharides?
2. Lactose is a disaccharide found in milk, many adults are intolerant, what
do you think milk industries would do to produce milk for these people?
3. Explain the difference between Hydrolysis and condensation…read more